The Education, Knowledge and Technology (EduTec) Research Group was created in 2006 by Dr. Gisele Vasconcelos Dziekaniak and Dr. Carlos Cândido de Almeida in response to the demand for group research projects on the organization of knowledge and related technologies. It was originally developed through a course at the University Library and is the first research group created by the Librarianship course at FURG. It is associated with CNPq.
The group currently pursues only one line of research, which is coordinated by Dr. Gisele Vasconcelos Dziekaniak. This line of research includes studies and reflections on the methodologies of knowledge organization. Its members research knowledge modeling, documentary analysis, thesauri, ontologies and the automated processing of information and knowledge. These activities impact the development of information retrieval technology, the organization of knowledge, the Semantic Web and the Social Web.
Throughout its history, EduTec has produced studies that have been published in various journals, both national and international:
1) DZIEKANIAK, G. V.; ROVER, A. J. The knowledge society: characteristics, demands and requirements, DataGramaZero, Rio de Janeiro, v.12, 2011.
2) DZIEKANIAK, G. V.; PACHECO, R. C. of S.; KERN, V. M. Revisiting knowledge organization through thesauri, ontologies and folksonomy ... In: SALES, R.; SILVA, F. C. C. 's. (Org). Scenarios org. knowledge. Brasilia: Thesaurus, 2011.
3) RAMOS, C. R.; DZIEKANIAK, G. V.; SANTIAGO, V. D.; PALURA, D. Image and human perception: an alternative applied in the classification ... Perspectives on Information Science (UFMG), v.16, no. 4, 2011.
4) DZIEKANIAK, G. V. Proposal of a reference model for electronic government 2.0. Digital Democracy and Electronic Government Magazine (UFSC), v. 5, p. 127-146, 2011
5) DZIEKANIAK, G. Social networks in e-government. In: GALINDO, F.; Mezzaroba, O. (Ed.) Democracy electronics. Zaragoza (Spain): Universitarias Presses de Zaragoza, 2010.
6) DZIEKANIAK, G. Technologies for knowledge discovery (KDD) in knowledge management ..., DataGramaZero, Rio de Janeiro, v. 11, no. 1, fev. 2010.
7) DZIEKANIAK, G. Development of an ontology of ontology components. Perspectives on Information Science (UFMG), v. 15, no. 1, p. 173-184, 2010.
8) DZIEKANIAK, G. V. Considerations of citizenship and e-government ... Magazine Digital Democracy and Electronic Government (UFSC), v.2, 2010.
9) DZIEKANIAK, G. The organization of information and scientific communication ... In Question (UFRGS), Porto Alegre, vol. 16, n.1, 2010.
10) DZIEKANIAK, G.; STRONG, M. F., SILVEIRA, J. B.; OLIVEIRA, V. B.; MEDEIROS, J. the S. Using the MARC standard in university libraries in Southern Brazil. Meetings Magazine Bibli (UFSC), Florianópolis, 2008.
11) DZIEKANIAK, G. The organization of knowledge and its implications for information users. In: INTERNATIONAL CONGRESS OF HISTORICAL STUDIES, 2. Rio Grande, Anais ... Rio Grande, 2007.
12) DZIEKANIAK, G. Using metadata standards for scientific communities. In: BRAZILIAN CONGRESS OF LIBRARY AND DOCUMENTATION, 22, 2007, Proceedings ... Brasília, 2007.
13) DZIEKANIAK, G. Mapping the use of metadata standards for scientific communities, Biblos, Rio Grande, v.20, 2007.